Sunday 19 January 2014

Post 10

Prints using new square blocks
Laser Cutting
I had previously considered trying the laser cutter to cut my blocks, but felt very apprehensive due to my lack of technical IT skills, however I am eager to compare hand and laser cutting and I will be seeking technical help from the Mac Help Bar in the near future.  I want to cut a more abstract shape that does not repeat so I can be more experimental with the layouts.

Fine artist-printmaker Terry Winters uses lasers to engrave woodblocks for his abstract prints, the blocks are printed with white ink as a resist, and then the sheet is rinsed with black ink – a process pioneered by Pablo Picasso.  The abstract imagery Terry winters uses really interests me, I am eager to experiment with designs that don’t look like conventional wallpaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment