Thursday 19 December 2013

Post 8

Live Brief

I have decided to follow up on a live brief suggested to me by my tutor.  To design a range of greetings/ stationary products.  It will be different working with a much smaller scale.  I aim to choose a different colour scheme for this. I need to choose a company which I would theoretically be making them for, and so this made me think back to Top Drawer – a trade show I visited in September at Earls Court Olympia in London.  It is the ‘UK’s leading event for design-led gifts, lifestyle & fashion accessories’.  Art Angels Publishers who I saw there really appeal to me; they publish a range of cards and stationery products.  The wide collection of designs they use are focused on images produced by printmakers.  Artists they work with include some of my favourite printmakers such as Edward Bawden, Mark Herald and Angie Lewin, all of whom work with wood block/ lino printing.  As my designs are quite pattern based rather than illustrative, they will probably be suitable for gift-wrap and notecards.
Art Angels Publishers at trade showhttp://www.art-angels.co.uk/cat/trade-exhibitions
Notecards by Angie Lewin 
Notecards by Mark Herald and Angela Harding

No comments:

Post a Comment